The Noe Valley Voice is published ten times a year, and while we love the idea -- it's pretty lightweight. Here's everything you want to know from the latest issue.
- The Church Street Apothecary is closing - the CA Board of Pharmacy won't let them use the word apothecary in their name, so they're selling.
- The cost of living in Noe: Noe is still hot, hot, hot.
- Every month people drag their copy of the Voice to far off places (from Angkor Wat to Zurich) to get into the NVV. Seriously?
- Rumors: Whole Foods will take over Bell Market in spring of 2009, no new construction planned; Kookez sold and closed; Rose Quartz hoping her customers follow her to Oakland.
- Long-time Noe Valley resident and lesbian activist Del Martin died on August 27th.