We're perplexed. Do cable installers have any pride? Do they feel good about the mess they've left on this (and other) buildings? We decided to find out what it takes to work for Astound, Comcast, et al.
We've been reviewing job postings for cable installers and they all list the following qualifications:
- At least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check
- Steady Work History
- Maximum body weight can not exceed 280 pounds in order to comply with safety limitations of equipment
- Qualify on pre-employment screening:
- Technical/Mechanical Test - Field II (TMT-F II)
- Basic Computer Skills Test (BCST)
- Customer Service Assessment - Field (CSA-F)
Undergrounding can't come soon enough...