October 10, 2008

Closing: Noe Valley Video

"Going Out of Business Sale"
"Everything Must Go"

As Netflix and Blockbuster continue to fight for ownership of the DVD rental market, Noe Valley is losing one of its last independent video rental stores. Noe Valley Video is going out of business. They're staying open to sell off their inventory, but will announce a final closing day sometime in the next couple weeks.

A letter posted on the door expresses their thanks to the neighborhood and sadness about leaving. It also wishes success to the next business to move in. So do we (as long as there isn't a neon Nails/Waxing sign in the window).

Best of luck to owners Brian and Marlene in their next endeavor.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Years ago I went in to sign up and their application wanted my SSN or employer information or something invasive like that. The dude totally shined me on about my concerns, so I say good riddance.