The Noe Valley Voice is published ten times a year and has been a neighborhood fixture since 1977. Here are highlights from the latest issue. Links are to stories we've covered.
- Front page: Cesar Chavez redesign; local artists turn art into cancer therapy; profile of Pollen Princesses; Book Week starts April 20th with local authors' readings.
- Cost of Living in Noe: slow market, slightly cheaper; rents down a little from last year (same as every month recently). The average single family home price in Noe Valley is still $1.5M.
- Letters: more on the evil priest; unleashed evil dogs; the evil Whole Foods better serve the community.
- Obits: E'nam Fatima Abu-nie, wife of Shufat Market's owner.
- Store Trek: Contigo (including a menu from March 22); Brown & Co Noe Valley (local realtor Pete Brannigan).
- Rumors: No one answered all NV history quiz questions correctly; Streetlight Records' landlords wanted $12k a month; restaurant for sale; Glare re-opened; Noeteca opening "by end of April;" rolling brownout fears once again "threatening" firehouse budgets; Elizabeth Street Brewery wasn't expecting the Inquisition.
- Traveling Voice: Rio de Janeiro and the Philippines. Whee.
- Back Page: April Fool's Day headlines (delivered on April 2nd).