February 5, 2009

Incanto: Elevating The Brunch Conversation In Noe Valley

Sure ... Chloe's, Savor, Toast and now City Grill attract hoards of people looking for classic brunch for a value. But now Incanto is raising the bar -- according to Mark Pastore in his periodic Letters from Incanto:
The menu will showcase the best of Incanto and will prominently feature Boccalone meats including all of Boccalone's fresh sausages, guanciale, pancetta, and sanguinaccio.

This Sunday's menu will include a black truffle mortadella panino with potato-leek salad, house-milled whole wheat polenta with poached farm egg, and a brunch version of our legendary handkerchief pasta. We will also feature Incanto's award-winning Italian wine program and a not-to-be-missed Roman Bloody Maria.
Expect stretch Priuses to drop off savvy foodies this and every Sunday between 10am and 2pm.

Incanto
1550 Church St
(415) 641-4500

[Incanto]
[NVSF: Tweeting Offal]

5 comments:

murphstahoe said...

I'm not sure I would call City Grill's brunch a "value". $10 for scrambled eggs with a small serving of potatoes with no toast. Their burger is fine but I predict they will struggle mightily at Brunch, Lemon-Ricotta pancakes or not.

Good eggs, an interesting treatment (corn and peas?) but very overpriced.

Frankly I miss Herb's and Hungry Joe's.

Anonymous said...

Toast and Chloe's are good, but who can wait that long for brunch? Fattoush (right down the street from Chloe's) is a great place to go for breakfast. It's never too crowded, and the food is delicious, reasonably priced, and it comes out quickly.

But I still miss Miss Millie's.

Anonymous said...

I too was somewhat disappointed by brunch at City Grill. One waitress for the whole place, while the guy who seated us sat at a table with a friend and chatted the whole time. She clearly needed help.

My eggs were cold because they sat on the counter waiting for pickup.

And yes, it was overpriced, but you gotta expect that in NV.

If they can't improve their service, though, I won't go back.

Anonymous said...

A third vote for disappointed with City Grill. Maybe I'll try again in a few months, but I end up kicking myself every time I go somewhere other than Savor (or _occasionally_ Toast since it's closer).

And Fattoush? I've had great dinners there, but found brunch to be nothing special. Is there something I'm missing?

Incanto could be interesting, but will brunch be as veg-unwelcoming as dinner?

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I dig the "stretch Priuses" comment. :) If only it weren't so close to being true...