February 17, 2009

24th St Rumors: Simply Chic Not Closing

We posted a while back that Simply Chic was rumored to close. While the rumor appears to have been based in truth, Simply Chic is not closing:
Hello,

My name is May, I'm the owner of Simply Chic. I came across your website and enjoy reading all the posts. I wanted to let you know that we decided to stay. I've been negotiating with the landlord and we came up with a nice agreement.
And on a more worrisome note, she goes on to ask for help:
On Wednesday Feb 11th, three teenagers came to the shop and demanded money. My shop girl called 911. The teenagers left but vandalized the place and the police couldn't find them. I'd really like to hear some suggestions on how other shop handle "teen" shoppers.

Sincerely,
May Warren

[NVSF: Closing: More Rumors on 24th Street]