SFMTA to Complete Rail Improvement Project on Church and 30th Streets in October
The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA), which operates Muni, will finish the Rail Improvement Project at the intersection of Church Street at 30th Street during three weekends in October 2010:
Weekend of October 8 (Columbus Day Weekend): 8:00pm Friday continuously until 4:00am the following Tuesday
Weekends of October 15 and 22: 8:00pm Friday continuously until 4:00am the following Monday
- This schedule is subject to change due to weather conditions.
- During the October 8 weekend construction, Muni will provide bus shuttles for the J Church Line between Church and Market streets and Balboa Park BART Station.
- During construction on the weekends of October 15 and 22, regular J Line rail service will be operated.
- Local business will remain open during construction.
Thank you for your continued patience and support as we work to renew your Muni system.
- 24-hour construction from Friday night to the morning of first workday of the following week.
- Rail work will require some street closures around the intersection. Police officers will be on site directing traffic.
- Local access will be provided most of the time; however, access may be delayed by construction work or equipment in the construction zones.
- Some street parking will not be available in or near construction sites.
- We will take precautions, in accordance with City codes, to keep noise and dust to a minimum.
For more information and updates on the Rail Improvement Project, please visit www.sfmta.com/rail or call 311.
Janet L. Martinsen
Local Government Affairs Liaison
SFMTA | Municipal Transportation Agency
1 So. Van Ness, 7th Floor
October 1, 2010
PSA: J-Church Rail Repairs Continue In October
Via Upper Noe Neighbors: