The Noe Valley Voice is published ten times a year and has been a neighborhood fixture since 1977. Here are highlights from the latest issue. Links are to stories we've covered.
- Front page: Noe Valley housing market is slow, Whole Foods offering Tuesday shuttle, City College closing campus at James Lick, Upper Noe Rec Center not offering residents enough time to play, consignment stores busy.
- Cost of Living in Noe: slow market, slightly cheaper; rents down a little from last year.
- Letters: Bye-bye Bell; condemnation for evil candle-condemning priest; NVV attracts Fowler witch hunt, too.
- NVDC: full coverage of last month's meeting.
- Crime Beat: Capt Tacchini asking for more communication with residents; no Peace Blotter this time.
- Feature: Elizabeth Street Brewery.
- Store Trek: Just Awesome!, City Grill.
- Rumors: suggests the reader reference Google for more information on the Obama candle "debate;" picked up more Fowler info from the Fowler family blogs; Contigo opens; Noe Soup likely not opening due to investor pull-out [Ed.-- Perhaps Tuttimelon can buy their conditional use permit]; CSAA is closing; Cover-to-Cover to offer free delivery; Basso's giving seniors a 15% discount.
- Bonus: The Voice made it to Dover Castle, India, Thailand and even Florida, and the pictures to prove it are back.