January 31, 2012

Update: 24th St Assault Survivors Receive Donations

This from the Fair Oaks Street Group:
On Friday, each of the survivors of last year's 24th Street corridor assaults received greeting cards with notes and messages of support, along with a $4,000 check from a fund established for their benefit by the Fair Oaks Community Coalition. Cards and checks were delivered by the District Attorney's office of Victim Assistance. One of the women, who has been aided since the attack by close friends in Noe Valley, asked those friends to share this message with the community:
Dear Fair Oaks Street Group and Other Generous Donors:

I was so moved by your most heartfelt card, good wishes and generous donations. Indeed, I am feeling better every day. I was both surprised and very happy to receive your many wishes for my recovery and huge amount of financial help. This has been especially important since I have been unable to return to work so far. I hope it will not be long before I am able to go back to work.

I am also very grateful to the paramedics, San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Recovery Center, Kaiser Permanente and to the San Francisco Police detectives who all have helped me to recover and feel safer and less anxious about going out when it gets dark. Thank you so much for everything you have done for me.

Best regards,
Your friend and neighbor from Noe Valley
The Fair Oaks Community Coalition is heartened by the public's generous gifts and good wishes for the survivors. Donations are still being accepted, and will be disbursed to all 3 survivors. Contributions (cash or check) can be made here:

24th Street Survivors Fund
c/o Sterling Bank and Trust
3800 - 24th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110

0 comments: