March 21, 2010

Mi Lindo Yucatan to Become Patxi's Pizza

A sharp-eyed reader (thanks, Nick!) tipped us to a new license that has appeared in the former Mi Lindo Yucatan space:
Paxti's Chicago Pizza is on a beverage license at the old mi Lindo Yucatan space. They still have all the "RESTAURANT SPACE FOR RENT" signs up so perhaps their lease is contingent on those licenses going through.
A quick search of the ABC site confirms an application for a liquor license filed on March 17 (status: pending). The 2500 square foot space is still under heavy construction, but will certainly be big enough for the restaurant/pizzeria. Oh, and the restaurant name is pronounced "pah cheese," and it does not count as a new restaurant on 24th St since it replaces an existing one.

[New 2500 Sq. Foot Restaurant Destined for 24th Street?]

7 comments:

murphstahoe said...

Holy Cow!

While I much prefer Little Star, I much prefer a leisurely walk to dealing with the 24, 33, or heaven forbid trying to park near the Little Stars. This is AWESOME news.

Pantograph Trolleypole said...

Woohoo!!! I don't have to go to Hayes anymore!

Anonymous said...

YES! Patxi's FTW!

rocky's dad said...

nice! more new great restaurants; keep em coming!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! It's not Little Star, but I'll happily take it!

Unknown said...

Good. Noe needs a good pizza *with* a dining that suits my pizza preference. Twin Peaks is great, but no dining room. Different style of pizzas too. Haystack is good, but not quite my preference. I'm glad it't not Little Star though, because then it will still be fun to go visit it.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!! So exciting! I love Patxi's and pick up from Hayes Valley often. Can't wait for them to open in my hood!! Awesome news!