December 28, 2011

Closed: Hot Headz - And Other 24th St. Updates

The discount hair salon Hot Headz at 4027 24th Street (between Noe and Castro) has clipped it's inventory and closed up shop. The hair products are off the shelves, the hair stations are empty, and the trash bins out front are stuffed with seat cushions. No sign on the door announcing a change, but a call to the phone line reached only a generic answering machine message, not one for Hot Headz.

Other updates on 24th Street:

Mortgage company Opes Advisors is moving into the spot vacated by Joseph Andrade Floral and the sign is up. Next door, 3961A 24th St will soon become the Children's Playhouse at Noe Valley for little ones from birth to age 4. A schedule and fees are posted online, but most of the site is under construction. There's also been activity at Noe Valley Wine Merchants (formerly Urban Cellars) including a coming soon sign in the window, the beginnings what appears to be the tasting bar, and plenty of wine racks inside.

Finally, Akai Saru the sushi restaurant under construction at 3856 24th Street that's replacing Tamasei Sushi is advertising for sushi chef and server so an opening is likely soon there as well.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hot Headz has been closed a few weeks now and there was a sign in the window saying "Thank you for 30 happy years in Noe Valley". Maybe Liz just retired?

Anonymous said...

Liz has breast cancer and is recovering. Keep her in your prayers.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Liz and will definitely keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for spreading the word.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know where the hairdressers ended up? If Tatiana has a chair somewhere else now, I'd love to find her.

liz Nash said...

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers over the past 7 months while I have been undergoing treatment for stage 2 breast cancer. While unable to work during this time, Hot Headz was undergoing changes I was unaware of, which ultimately led to the closing of this 30 yr establishment. My partner and I have parted ways and I can be reached at my new location, Good Hair Day at 1750 Church at Day on a part=time basis. I will be specializing in hair loss related to everything from hair pulling, cancer, alopecia and genetic hair thinning. Hair extensions, wigs, integrations will be utilized along with organic hair products. The training I have been doing the last 5 years and my personalized shared experience will give my clients the benefit of understanding and compassion. I can be reached at 415 728 4247 or 650 784 1033 liz.goodhairday@gmail.com. I want to thank all of my clients and friends for your support of Hot Headz for all these years. Liz Nash

Anonymous said...

Tatayna is at 4081 24th st 415-824-7656

Anonymous said...

I think Leslie and Patty, went to 4081 24th st call 824-7656 they opened awhile ago.

Linda said...

Sorry to hear about your bout with cancer, but thanks for letting me know where to send bills for services rendered over the past year. Apparently you are not getting your emails or mail at your home address.