Some good news for supporters of the Noe Valley Town Square via email today:
Residents for Noe Valley Town Square (RNVTS) is pleased to announce that it is looking extremely likely that the Noe Valley Town Square is going to become a reality![Noe Valley Town Square]
Representatives from Rec and Parks recently informed RNVTS that it is recommending to the Rec and Park Commission as well as the Board of Supervisors that the complete purchase of the Ministry's Parking Lot be financed by the Rec and Park Open Space Fund. This is fantastic news, but just the beginning of a long journey. After the parking lot is purchased by Rec and Parks, we still need to “build” a Town Square. This means we will need to continue to raise money from the community as well as work towards a positive outcome for our Prop 84 Urban Greening Grant from the State.
Please consider making a pledge today at http://noevalleytownsquare.com/pledge/
Here are the key dates and events to follow:
This is all incredibly exciting and something that the greater Noe Valley Community should be very proud of accomplishing.
- Wed, April 3rd an "acquisition overview" will be presented to the Rec and Park Capital Committee Meeting.
- Thurs, April 18th the whole Rec and Park Commission will vote on whether to recommend the Noe Valley Town Square acquisition to the Board of Supervisors.
- Wed, May 22nd the Board of Supervisors Budget Finance Subcommittee will vote on whether to recommend the acquisition of the Town Square to the full BOS.
- Tues, June 4th the whole Board of Supervisors votes on whether to acquire the Town Square.
- If approved by the BOS, RNVTS will start collecting pledges on June 5th!
- If approved by the BOS, the City will own the parking lot free and clear by July 1, 2013 (which allows the RNVTS to apply for Prop 84 development funds from the State of CA.
If you have not had a chance to make a pledge to the Town Square yet, please do so at http://noevalleytownsquare.com/pledge/