- Noe Valley getting decked for the holidays [sarahwoehler]
- Found art [@holdn2aces]
- Crossing the chasm at Noe Valley Bakery [chrissaulx]
- More signs of the real estate market cooling [Socketsite]
- Noe Valley man attacked after inviting stranger into his home [KTVU]
- Contemplating a Trump presidency in Noe Valley [SF Examiner]
- More found art built from Noe Valley remodel detritus [SF Gate]
November 26, 2016
November 12, 2016
- Tuesday Nov. 8 – happy voting [@magsnmum]
- Tuesday Nov. 8 – just over the hill in the Castro [@LisaEdelstein]
- What it’s like to host a polling place in your garage (16 years in Noe Valley!) [KQED]
- The day after – Guy protesting election results at 21st and Sanchez just happens to have a Nazi flag lying around and his neighbors weren't having it [@michael_bodley]
- Sad scenes in Noe Valley on Wednesday [@adamflorin]
- More sad scenes in the new reality [@MADdelaRosa]
- Scott Wiener is currently leading the race for State Senate [SF Dept of Elections]
- Homes evacuated on Sanchez St after a cache of ammunition was found in a dumpster [KRON4]
November 5, 2016
The latest news from, about and for Noe Valley from around the interwebs:
- Found in the street in Noe Valley [via Craigslist]
- Noe Valley residents strongly support expanding Bikesharesf [@jimgreer]
- Gorgeous fall mornings [kelishaw]
- And fall evenings too [rebeccapariser]
- Serious Halloween [apropos_sf]
- Spiders too [alexiacornu]
- Halloween when your neighbor is a set designer [devonslwest]
- Dubious distinctions: SF's worst neighborhoods for poop, needles [SFGate]
- Happy hour and $2 oysters all night on election night at Hamlet [SF Weekly]
- The man behind Mobius, the recording studio on Sanchez at Valley St. [KQED]
The Noe Valley Voice is published ten times a year and has been a neighborhood fixture since 1977. Here are notable highlights from the latest issue. Links are to stories we've covered here on NVSF or other resources. Follow the NVV link at the bottom for full articles and all the ads.
Front Page: Noe Valley businesses that give to the local community (including Just for Fun, Firefly, La Ciccia, Cliche Noe and Zephyr); the Town Square debuts; we may be at peak rents for Noe Valley (for now).
Letters: A letter from Modern Times bookstore in the Mission - they're closing for good on Nov. 15; a lament about the demise of Drewes Brothers Meats (which may return as a new meat market soon).
Features: Noe Valley parking meters will likely increase rates as demand-based pricing spreads citywide.
Cost of Living in Noe: The luxury home market is cooling slightly and the average cost of a home dropped to $2 million.
Short Takes: Cliche Noe is sponsoring a Christmas tree lighting this year; Upper Noe Neighbors and PlumpJack will offer free drinks post election day with the launch of the Upper Noe Wine Club from 5-8pm at the VIP Scrub Club. You'll find SF Firefighters Program holiday toy barrels accepting donations for needy children at Cliche Noe and Just for Fun starting Nov 21.
Store Trek: Damia Salon, 1504 Church Street
[The Noe Valley Voice]