The Noe Valley Voice is published ten times a year and has been a neighborhood fixture since 1977. Here are highlights from the latest issue. Links are to stories we've covered at NVSF.
- Front page: Noe Valley is for sale - lots of homes and rentals on market. 68 homes listed for sale in April, which is about double last year. "Bargains" are still over $1M. Rental rates are down about 10% from last year.
- Op-Ed: Misha Weidman, RE broker and attorney, says Noe Valley is no longer immune from the housing slump. Good news: Noe is off only 13% from last year.
- Letters: People are still outraged about arbitrary parking enforcement (4 letters); Someone wants you to send stimulus money to On Lok on 30th St; Thanks given to Noe Valley Auto Works for taking care of a recently laid-off client's car.
- Photo: 7 people waiting for train confirms that J Church is still the worst.
- Short Takes: FUF planting Saturday July 11 in Noe Valley; Celebrate the Solstice at Noe Valley Ministries; Got a problem with services at City parks? Parkscan.org will now route all calls to 311 [Ed.--better than calling: check them out on Twitter]; Noe Valley Quest Fest will celebrate winners on June 17th at Upper Noe Rec Center from 5:30-7:30PM, drawing at 6:15--more deets at noevalleyquest.com.
- Crime: Only covers first half of May, so no mention of armed robberies on Church near 26th (be careful out there); And...the Peace Blotter is back. [Ed.--If you're a crime watching sort of person, we've posted instructions for subscribing to regular updates here.]
- Rumors: Bevan Dufty considering run for Mayor [Ed.--can Noe get a pink cloud too?]; Dufty also denies he's endorsing anyone running to replace him; 28.6% of Noe Valleyans voted on May 19; Rumor becomes fact when checking police reports - many vehicle break-ins lately; Empty storefronts: AAA space for $12k/month, Riki landlord looking for retail (not food), Streetlight rent reduced to $8k/month, Simply Chic asking $4k/month, Wells Fargo's old ATM closet wants $4k/month, Successories opening, Noe Knit closing, Phoenix moving in; last month's Store Trek feature Arara changing name and moving to 1513 Church (NV Buzz); She-Bible opening; Noe full of babies; Also: "you can put a lock on a rumor" that Locksmith Central is moving--they changed their mind.
- Traveling Voice: Noe residents carried the voice to such far off places as...nowhere. The NVV is on staycation.